Friday, September 12, 2008

The Continuous Circle We Call Life

The older I get, the realization hits me that my children are growing older too. I remember once talking to a friend about how close our children were in age. We were discussing the fact that because the are all about 2 years apart in age ( hers as well ) that they would all be teenagers at the same time and then off to college one after another, missions, marriage, and so on and so forth. Now that I've hit that stage of life I'm not quite sure how to handle it some days.
Tiffany is already married with a little family of her own. Ryan has been on his mission and is now living in Provo and going to school. He's dating a little too. Melissa has gone to school, come back home, goes to UVU and thinks she's found the love of her life. ( I think he's a pretty nice guy too) and Chad is having a great time as a senior with full intentions of going on his mission in about a year.
I guess what I'm getting at is how come nobody tells you that the worries don't get any easier as you get older. When your kids are little you worry about them running in the road, falling off their bike, or getting lost. As teens you worry about the friends they have, if they are eating right, the movies, music, or videos they watch. Then they hit the age of seriously dating with the intention of finding an eternal mate and suddenly you realize you can't make decisions for them anymore-they have to learn and grow and make their own choices for their future. And you pray that all the lessons you've tried to teach them in their short life so far, have sunk in somehow.
So here's to my four wonderful children-who are growing into wonderful young adults. May you always make wise choices and get through any trials that come your way. For life isn't life without trials. The circle of life is just that --one continuous circle of ups and downs. It's what we get out of life that counts the most. I love you all !! Life is Good !
PS-I don't even have a picture of the four of them together at the same time on my computer-I guess it's time for family pictures again-ha ha.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Gosh, thanks for making me cry. I love you, Mom!